Arts House is new art, new people and new ideas. We develop and present contemporary art in all forms, with an explicit interest in interdisciplinary work, audience relations and art that explores society’s most urgent questions.
Expressions of Interest now open until Thursday 14 October, 5pm AEST
CultureLAB is an arts development program that supports independent artists and small-medium companies, with a focus on the potential of performance and artists with an experimental practice. This program is the primary way Arts House supports the presentation of new Australian art.
The next CultureLAB EOI is for creative developments taking place from July 2022 – June 2023. We are looking for projects at any stage of development. We will support in person and digital concepts.
Arts House has a variety of spaces, suitable for a variety of purposes: research, rehearsal, technical experimentation and more.
Artists are supported with fees, space, equipment, expertise and an access consultation.
Applications for the 2022 program are open now, and close Thursday 14 October.
Read the following for more details
- Read Info Pack and FAQ’s in PDF
- Read Info Pack and FAQ’s in Word
- Listen to the audio about CultureLAB
- Download excel doc budget template
- Download google doc budget template
- View Arts House Building Pack with access info in PDF
- View Arts House Building Pack with access info in Word
- EOIs close: Thursday 14 October 5pm
- Arts House Call-out Info session 5.30pm Monday 20 September 2021
- Arts House Call-Out Access Info session 2pm Wednesday 22 September 2021
- Notifications: mid December 2021
CultureLAB provides projects with the following support:
- $10,000 fee contribution
- Dedicated studio time of between 2 and 4 weeks
- Access consultation
- Technical equipment and production support
- Support with further fundraising for development and planning towards presentation
- Creative producing support where appropriate and at the artists’ instruction
How to Apply
We want you to apply in the format that is easiest for you. You can submit these formats through the SmartyGrants EOI system:
- Auslan video (we can arrange interpretation of your video if needed)
Please get in touch with us prior to the closing date if you need to submit your application outside of the SmartyGrants system or via a recorded zoom for access reasons.
Arts House Call-Out Info Session on Zoom
Tuesday 21 September, 5.30pm – BOOK HERE
Arts House’s Access Call-Out Info Session on Zoom
Wednesday 22 September, 2.00pm – BOOK HERE
These sessions will be Auslan interpreted and recorded with closed captions.
Got a Question?
If you have read all the info, attended the Info Session but still have questions, please contact:
Olivia Anderson, Program Manager
0447 570 178 (text only)
(03) 9322 3720
National Relay Service (NRS)
TTY users: phone 13 36 77 – then ask for – 03 9322 3720
Speak and Listen users: phone 1300 555 727 – then ask for – 03 9322 3720
Internet relay users: connect to the NRS (internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au) – then type in – 03 9322 3720
Header image: Not A Drop to Drink by Keg de Souza, developed through CultureLAB 2019-20, presented Refuge 2021, Photo by Bryony Jackson.
Image description: a group of 20 people sit around a circular glass table set inside a temporary architecture made of transparent black netting material highlighted by a blue lighting glow. There are clear glass cups of tea on the table. Several people are reading a menu whilst others talk amongst themselves.