Join our team: Business Support Officer
Applications close 18 February
About the Role & Team:
Join our dynamic team as a Business Support Officer where you’ll play a pivotal role in providing administrative and customer service support to the Arts House team in North Melbourne. As the first point of contact for external parties and the general public, you’ll provide exceptional customer service through personal and telephone reception. Your role also involves managing the day-to-day operation of the North Melbourne Town Hall and Warehouse buildings, including liaising with external contractors, service providers, and tenants. Proficient communication skills are key, as you’ll be interacting with a diverse range of stakeholders, from community representatives to artists and arts companies. Your responsibilities will extend to supporting team projects by completing independent tasks, preparing routine correspondence, and maintaining administrative resources to ensure seamless operations. As the linchpin of effective meetings and workshops, you’ll coordinate logistics, collate meeting agendas, and manage follow-up actions, showcasing your organisational prowess.
What you will bring to City of Melbourne
- Proven experience in a similar role with the ability to anticipate support needs and multitask within a fast-paced, high volume and multi-faceted business environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service ethos and the ability to communicate and liaise confidently all levels of the business and with artists, arts organisations members of the public and service providers.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, consciousness and safety in working with artists, staff and contractors, particularly from marginalised communities is desirable.
- Demonstrated technology skills across the full suite of programs including familiarity with MS Office applications for analysis, reporting, presentations and other purposes as required.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management including budget tracking, invoicing, purchase requisition
- Background and experience working within an Arts department is highly regarded
What we can offer you at City of Melbourne
- Attractive Remuneration & Benefits: Excellent pay package with a range of exciting benefits. Work life balance, excellent leave entitlements, study assistance & other great corporate discounts.
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a creative and exciting environment
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity: this is a permanent full time opportunity (with the option for part time) based in North Melbourne.
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to shaping the future of Melbourne for visitors and residents.
How to apply…
If you’re ready to be part of a team that values creativity, innovation, and excellence, seize this opportunity to contribute to the dynamic world of Arts House!
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- Attach your resume
- Attach a cover letter (no more than one page)
- Provide responses to the following questions:
- What excites you about the possibility of joining our team and taking on this role?
- What can you bring to this role?
Please submit your application encompassing all of the above by 11:45pm Sunday 18th February 2024.
For further information about the position please refer to the position description below or contact Brian Horder – Business Manager, Creative Programs via email: Brian.Horder@melbourne.vic.gov.au
View the full ad and position description here
Image description: A photograph of the Arts House sign at the North Melbourne Town Hall. The sign is in red and block letters.